YOU MUST BE 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO USE THIS SITE.
IF YOU ARE 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND ARE A MINOR, YOU MUST HAVE PERMISSION FROM YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN TO USE THE SITE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION FROM YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIYOU MAY NOT USE THE SITE.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and a customized experience. This allows us to provide services features that you request, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achievthis purpose.
In general, you can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. In order for you to become a registered User, we require youprovide various contact and identity information and other personal information as indicated on the relevant forms on the Site, and you are no longer anonymous to us. Where possible,these forms we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. In addition, as you use the Site, you can from time to time enter or send to us personal information.
You always have the option not to provide personal information by choosing not to become a User or by not using the particular feature of the Site for which the personal informationbeing collected.
We also automatically track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on our Site. We use this information to do internal research on our Users' demographics, interesand behaviour to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Site or not), whURL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Site or not), your computer browser information, your IP address and your location. These logs do not record personally identifiainformation, and are only used to track visits to our site and improve its content and layout.
Following your registration on the Site, you can review and change your information in your account area.
How We Use Your Information
We use personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site, to:
- provide to you the services offered by the Site;
- resolve service disputes;
- troubleshoot problems;
- customize your experience based on the preferences you have selected;
- detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity;
- provide you with system or administrative messages, and otherwise engage in correspondence with us; and
- as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
By providing us with your personal information, you are deemed to have consented to above-noted uses of your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be ableprovide you with the services that you have requested.
In addition to the above primary purposes, we may also use personal information about you for secondary purposes which are aimed to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to:
- analyze Site usage, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize the Site's content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Site and better tailor it to myour needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Site;
- inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, events and updates;
- deliver information to you that, in some cases, is relevant to your interests, such as product news; and
- measure consumer interest in our products and services.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties without your explicit consent. The following describes some of the ways that your information may be disclosed in normal scope of business to provide our services:
Anonymized Aggregated Data.We aggregate and anonymize data and use and disclose such information for a variety of purposes, including to measure Site analytics. However, in these situations, we do not disclose information that could be used to identify you personally. We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information unlesshave given you notice of and have obtained your express consent to ‘opt-in’ to such merger.
Public Areas of the Site.All of your activities in the public areas of the Site will be identifiable to your User ID, and other people can see your published content.
Legal Requests; Emergencies; Jurisdictions.We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries and demands for information that are made under force of law. We are also cognizant of the need to address emergencies. Therefore, we disclose your personal information (a) to any governmental authority as part of an investigation to determine our compliance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation (including privlaws, rules, and regulations), (b) in response to a court order, subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful judicial or administrative proceeding, (c) as otherwise required under applicable law, rule, or regulation, and (d) in good faith, to protect or defend our rights or property or those of other Users. Finally, please note that in some cases, persoinformation that we collect may be stored or processed outside of Canada whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. In such cases, we will continueprotect the information with appropriate safeguards and use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place, but you acknowledge that your personal information be subject to the governments, courts, law enforcement officials, national security authorities and laws of those countries.
We may also disclose personal information to any acquiror or its agents in the course of the sale or merger of our business. If we do this, the disclosure will be subjectconfidentiality arrangements customary in such transactions.
Subsidiaries and Affiliates; Service Providers and Google Analytics Display Advertising
wcard has engaged Google to provide various services and features and has implemented the following Google Analytics Display Advertising(“GADA”) features:
- Remarketing – wcard uses Remarketing with GADA to advertise online. Third party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. wcard, third party vendoincluding Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads baon your past visits to our website (collectively, “Google Cookies”).
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting (“GDNIR”) – wcard and third party vendors, including Google, use Google Cookies to report how wcard’s ad impressions, other uses ofservices, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the wcard site. Essentially, wcard uses GDNIR to figure out which ads that we ran brouyou onto our site and GDNIR also reports back to us with tracking information regarding the ads displayed on our site and how you interacted with them.
- DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration (“DCCM”) – wcard may use DCCM from time to time to purchase ads and to work in conjunction with wcard’s use of GDNIR.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting (“GADIR”) – wcard uses GADIR to access Google’s vast network to make ‘best guesses’ based on your history of interactions on Google network and to determine which user demographic you might belong to.
Ultimately, wcard uses the above tools to anonymously profile your use of the wcard site in order to offer you a more relevant and customized user experience.
For further information about GADA and for currently available opt-outs for the web, please click the following link:
Our Retention of Your Personal Information
We retain personal information for only as long as required to fulfill the identified purposes for which it was collected, and for a reasonable time thereafter, or as required by lwcard has retention standards, which meet these requirements. wcard destroys your personal information when it is no longer needed, or we remove your name from the information. We assno obligation or guarantee to archive any information and do not warrant that any archived information will later be made available to you beyond any applicable period of retentrequired by law.
When you deactivate an account, it is permanently deleted from wcard. It typically takes about one month to deactivate an account, but some information may remain in backup copies logs for up to 120 days. Once you deactivate your account it cannot be reversed.
For greater clarity, trips, parcels, transactions and certain other information sent to Users may remain on the Site after you deactivate your account.
Other Information Collectors
It is our goal to make our privacy practices easy to understand. If you have questions or concerns, please email our privacy officer. We may not allow you to access certain persoinformation in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons or for legal reasons.
Last updated on April 6, 2014